If you are an Indian citizen and have not heard about the Aadhaar card, then you must be living under a rock. Since the Aadhaar card was introduced in the country it has changed quite a bit and has become better. Aadhaar card is an identification document that is even must for a newborn baby. People can easily register for Aadhaar by visiting the nearby enrolment center. There they will guide the people about the steps that they need to take to apply for their Aadhaar card. To apply for the Aadhaar card one generally needs to upload their personal details along with their photograph and biometrics. Aadhaar card is actually a handy tool as it helps you to skip lines where they accept details through the Aadhaar card. Once someone has enrolled for the Aadhaar card they will need to wait for it to arrive at their home. They can definitely download the e-Aadhaar once their Aadhaar card is accepted but it is important to have the one that comes to them via post. Generally, it takes about 90-days for it to come but sometimes it gets stuck in the line. This is the time when a person needs to check the postal status of their Aadhaar card.
Aadhar Card Postal Status Check Online
As Aadhaar card is a government document so it gets delivered to the homes of the applicants through India Post. If the Aadhaar card doesn’t reach them on time, people can definitely follow the steps to track it. These are the steps that they can follow:
Steps to check the postal status of Aadhaar card
- The first thing that one should do is to visit the official website of UIDAI, https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Then select the My Aadhaar tab under which they should select ‘Check Aadhaar Status’.
- Once the page opens, you need to provide your Enrolment ID along with your Enrolment date. You will also need to enter the security code and then click on ‘Check Status’.
- If the next page shows Aadhaar dispatched, then it will also give you the tracking ID of the India Post parcel which contains your Aadhaar card, you will get them under ‘Delivery Tracking Details’.
- Another way to check Aadhaar status is through your registered mobile number. All you need to do is text UID STATUS<space><14 Digit Enrolment Number> from the number and send it to 51969. They will text you back the status of your Aadhaar card with your tracking details if it is dispatched.
- Now, you will need to visit the official website of India Post which is https://www.indiapost.gov.in. Itself on the home page you will find the ‘Track N Trace’ area. There enter your consignment number and the answer to the security question and click on ‘Track Now’. This will provide you the shipment status of your Aadhaar card.
If you find that there is no certainty of your Aadhaar card mail, then Download Aadhaar which equals to that one that is in the post. So, these steps will definitely help you to keep track of you Aadhaar once it is dispatched from the office.