Aadhaar card is an important identification document that should be availed by every citizen of India. Everyone from a newborn baby to an old person needs to have Aadhaar if they are residing in the country. It is necessary for a certain number of things among which falls the facility of gas connections and bank account numbers. People who haven’t got their Aadhaar card may have issues when they go to avail a service that requires one to have one. They have to go through a nearby Aadhaar enrolment center and go with the necessary steps to get their Aadhaar card. It is actually an easy process and a person doesn’t need to do much rather than just wait in life for the technician to take their photo and biometrics. Once applied one needs to wait for some time to get it delivered to their home. But in the meantime, they can check the status on the official UIDAI website and download e-Aadhaar after a while.
Check Your Aadhar Card Status by Name and Date of Birth
At times you may misplace your enrolment slip that was issued by the Aadhaar enrolment center. If any such situation arises, do not fret. Rather follow the steps that we are mentioning here so that you can easily retrieve the enrolment number to check on the status of your Aadhaar card. So, the steps are:
Aadhar Card Status by Name and Date of Birth
- The first step is to visit the https://uidai.gov.in which is the official website of the organization that issues the Aadhaar card.
- The next thing that you need to do is to click on the My Aadhaar tab present on the top and under it select the ‘Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID’.
- A page will open up in front of you, on the left side you will see that there is a section where you have to select between the option of retrieving the lost Enrolment ID (EID) or the Aadhaar Number (UID). Click on the enrolment id if your Aadhaar hasn’t reached you yet.
- Next, you will need to enter your personal details, like your Name, the registered mobile number or email id and also the security code mentioned there. Fill them up and click on ‘send OTP’.
- Once you receive the OTP, fill it in the box gave and click on ‘verify OTP’.
- You will receive your enrolment ID on your registered email or mobile number.
- Now, return back to the home page and select ‘Check Aadhaar Status‘. Here you will need to enter the EID and the date of enrolment as well as the security code and click on ‘Check status’. You will get to see the status of your Aadhaar card.
So, here are the steps through which you can easily retrieve your Enrolment ID and then go on to check the status. It is an easy process and the website works quite good these days. Do not be afraid if you lose your enrolment slip as these steps will help you to get it back.