As you already know aadhar card is one of the most important document. The government has made the possession of aadhar card mandatory for almost every transaction. Not just that, linking your aadhar card with your mobile number and bank account has also been made mandatory by the government. In such a situation, it is really important for you to have an aadhar card. In case, you haven’t applied for it yet, you should get it done at the earliest. Given the importance of aadhar card, it is really important that you keep it updated. In case, you have any changes to make, for example, your address, make sure that you apply to update your aadhar card. If you are in need to change your address on your aadhar card but are not sure of the steps to get it done, you can take help from the steps given below.
Change Address in Aadhar Card Online @uidai.gov.in
If you have recently moved into your new home, it is obvious that you have a new address. For this reason, you need to change address in aadhar card. There can also be a printing error which you may need to change. No matter what the reason is you need to have correct information on your aadhar card. You can follow the steps given below in order to change your address in aadhar card. All you need is a computer and a good internet connection in order to proceed with the steps. Having said that now let’s take a look at the steps given below.
- In order to change address in your aadhar card, you need to visit the UIDAI website.
- Now go to the Update Aadhar Details and click on the option Update your address online.
- A new page will open where you need to type in your aadhar number. Also, enter the security code shown on the screen.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the given box in order to log into your aadhar account.
- Now select the Address Update option shown on the screen.
- Fill in the new address that you want on your aadhar card. Before, you submit the form make sure that you check the form twice.
- After you are done click on the submit button.
- You will receive an Update Request Number which you need to keep safely for future reference.
- Now select the BPO service provider according to your choice and hit the submit button.
- In this step, you need to upload the supporting documents in order to validate your change.
- Download a copy of the acknowledgment slip and keep it with you.
You can also change mobile number in Aadhar card by following this guide.
Well, these are the steps that you need to follow in order to change your address in your aadhar card. The steps are really simple to follow. It is important that you keep your aadhar card updated.