It is needless to say that aadhar card is currently the most important document to possess. Without an aadhar card, you cannot enjoy any benefits associated with. Most importantly, you may have to face unnecessary consequences for it. Therefore, it is advised for everyone to apply for an aadhar card. The government has also made it mandatory for every resident in the country to link aadhar card with mobile number, bank account, etc. this is done to increase the security and also to prevent the frauds related to identification. Having an aadhar card is not everything. You need to make sure that all the information reflecting on the card is correct. If you are looking for complete details steps on how to change date of birth in aadhar card then, you are at the right place.
Aadhar Card Date of Birth Change Online
Since millions of aadhar card have been issued, there remains a possibility of a printing error on your aadhar card. In case, if your date of birth is printed wrong on your aadhar card, you can apply to change it. The steps are really easy and thus, anyone can get it done. However, before you proceed with the steps, make sure that you have a registered mobile number available. You can also change name in Aadhar card online by following this post.
Steps To Change Date Of Birth in Aadhar Card Online
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- At first, you need to visit the official website of UIDAI.gov.in.
- After logging into the site navigate to the Update Aadhar Card Details option and click on it. You will find this option given under the aadhar online section.
- You will be redirected to a new page called the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal. In this page, you are required to enter your 12 digit aadhar number. Also, enter the security code shown on the screen in the given box.
- Now click on the send OTP button on the screen.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the given box and hit the login button.
- You will be logged into a new page where you can select the details that you want to update. You need to click on the DOB option in order to update your date of birth.
- Enter the correct information and review it nicely before, submitting it.
- In this step, you need to upload supporting documents in order to validate the change.
- Once you are done click on the submit button.
- Next, you need to select a BPO service provider in order to complete your update request.
- You will receive an Update Request Number on your registered mobile number. You can use the URN to check aadhar card status online.
PS: If you are planning to relocate somewhere and need to update aadhar card address then, read the another guide on our blog.
Well, now you know how to change date of birth in aadhar card. Hopefully, the article could provide you the details that you were looking for. Follow the steps given and change your date of birth without any hassle.