Aadhar card is the largest biometric ID system in the world. It is a 12 digit unique code that has been assigned to every citizen of India. The government has made it mandatory for every citizen of the country to possess the aadhar card. Having an aadhar card means you can enjoy all the benefits associated with it. Similarly, If you don’t have an aadhar card, you may have to face serious consequences. Since aadhar card is an important document, it is important that you keep it updated with all the correct information. For example, your name, date of birth, address, etc. Speaking of which, there may be so many reasons why you may have to change your name in the aadhar card. This is particularly important for women who have to change their name after marriage. Having said that, now let’s look into the steps following which you can change your name in the aadhar card by visit eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in official website.
Change Name in Aadhar Card Online @uidai.gov.in
There can be so many reasons to change name in the aadhar card. For example, When you get married you have to change surname in aadhar card. If there is a spelling mistake in your name, you need to change it. No matter for whatever reason you have to change your name in your aadhar card, you can follow the steps given below in order to get it done.
Read Also: How to Change Address in Aadhar Card Online
Steps to Change Name/Surname in Aadhar Card
- At first, you need to visit the official web portal of UIDAI.
- Once the page opens navigate to ‘Update Aadhar Details’ column and clicks on the option ‘Update Aadhar Details Online.’
- A new page will open where you are required to enter your aadhar number in the given space.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP in the given box in order to verify it.
- Once the OTP verification is done, you will be redirected to the Aadhar Update Portal. Here you can select the field that you want to update. In this case your ‘name.’
- Enter the details accordingly. In other words, enter the correct name that you want on your aadhar card. Make sure you go through the details as it will be updated on your aadhar card.
- Submit the updated form after which an Update Request Number will be generated.
- Now you need to select a BPO service provider to review the submitted information after which click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- In this step, you need to upload supporting documents. This is required to validate the change you have requested.
- Once you are done with the mentioned steps you can download the acknowledgment slip and take a print out of the same.
- The updated aadhar card will be delivered to your registered address.
You can use the URN number in order to check your aadhar update status online.
Also, you can Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card Online by follow this link.
With the help of the mentioned steps, you can easily change name in aadhar card without any hassle.