It is needless to say that the Aadhar card is one of the most important documents to have these days. It has been made mandatory by the government for every Indian citizen to possess an aadhar card. The possession of aadhar card allows you to avail a number of services. Not just that, but you are also entitled to a number of benefits as well. If you wish to avail online aadhar facilities, you are required to register your mobile number with UIDAI. However, there have been instances when people have felt the need to change or update their mobile number on aadhar card. For example, your previous registered mobile number has been deactivated for some reason. In this case, you need to update your mobile number in aadhar card.
Change Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
There have many cases where people have been enquiring about the procedure to change their mobile number on their aadhar card. For example, in case you lose your mobile phone or your registered mobile number have been deactivated. In these cases, you need to update your aadhar card with the new mobile number. In case, you are not sure of the steps, you can take help from this instruction guide given below.
Steps to Update Register Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
- At first, you need to locate and visit an Aadhar enrolment center near you.
- Next thing you do is fill up the aadhar update/correction form.
- Mention the correct mobile number in your aadhar correction form.
- Now submit the form to the aadhar executive present there.
- You will be charged a minimal amount of Rs 30 for the service.
- After you pay the required fee, you will be given an acknowledgment slip containing the update request number (URN).
- You can use the URN in order to check your aadhar update status.
- It will take up to 90 days for your mobile number to be updated on the aadhar’s database.
Linking your mobile number to aadhar card is important so that you can avail the various services such as PAN card application, receiving OTPs, mobile re-verification, Umang app etc. you can change your mobile number as many times you want on your aadhar card. However, you need to pay Rs 30 every time you change your mobile number. You can follow the steps mentioned above every time when you feel the need to change mobile number in aadhar card.